Allotment Diary

Monday 30 April 2012

Sunshine, Lottie, Gardening, Sewing

The Sun has got his hat on Hip, Hip, Hip, Hooray!!

What a difference a little bit of sunshine makes! No rain today - just for today by the looks of the forecast :[ Today I have done some Gardening at P and C's, cleared the guttering at the back of the house, cut the grass, tidied up the garden, sat and had coffee and read a book outside, went to the Lottie - yeah, planted out Broad Beans, Lettuce, Spring Onions, Radishes. Didn't get everything done at the Lottie that I wanted to but its a start and boy, was it great to be over there.

K has given up smoking, he's done 7 days so far and whilst I'm being as supportive as I can, I just have to say that its hard, I know its harder for him but this is a man who is usually really laid back, I'm now having to deal with a man who is stroppy - comes as quite a bit of a shock, tonight I bit back [how mature of me - not] tomorrow I won't.

I've been cutting up material on my new cutting board with my new rotary cutter - such bliss, I almost don't want to sew the fabric together - I like to see it cut up and stacked up lol. I have made a template of the design that I'm happy with - just need to sew it together now - must measure it first to make sure its the right size!

Ah well - back to rain tomorrow and the huge stack of ironing I have got to do - I'll watch the latest Twilight film whilst ironing - C is insisting that I watch it and nagging me to do so!

H x



No comments:

Post a Comment